MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have run the Merge twice, because the first time it got hung up at the end of the section where it downloads attachments.
This second time it go hung up again. It stops after the last attachments have been downloaded, and the redirect tries to take it back to the Finsh part of the index. It won't allow me to go back to the index, it just runs the last action and gets stuck again.

I can live without the attachments, I suppose, but I need to run the merge one last time just before I change the nameservers to turn my site on. The problem is that it is tuck on this error message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am new to all of this, and could use some advice. If this has already been covered, I apollogize.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at reserector.com Port 80
Check the error log so we can actually figure out what the problem is. Ask your host if you don't have access or don't know where it is.(It's usually pretty simple to find in cPanel but I don't know what your using)
I am using Lunarpages. I looked for the error log, but could not find it. I submitted a ticket.

I am limited at work, so I may not know anything until tomorrow. I will follow up on this so we all know what caused this error. That is assuming that I figure it out.

Update:
Following, is the response I got on my ticket. I think it is the first item suggested, because you have to CHMOD files to 777 and 666 when you install MyBB. I checked all the other stuff, but ran out of time, and had to leave for work. I will try to resolve this tonight when I get back to my computer.

Message from Lunarpages:

Thank you for contacting Lunarpages support.
At Lunarpages, our servers are setup to use suPHP to parse php pages as CGI instead of an Apache module. If you are running a PHP-based script on your site and are receiving a 500 and/or 404 errors on your pages, it is likely you have one or more of the following occurring:
1. The permissions on some of the folders or files are 777 or 666. If this is the case, change them to either 755 or 644 in Cpanel's File Manager (or using your local FTP client).
2. The files and/or folders are not owned by you. Certain applications having been run under php as an apache module may have files owned by the apache user of nobody. An indication that you don't own the files would be if you are unable to change their file permissions. To correct this, please provide your username or domain name, and provide the location of the folder or files that need to have your ownership.
3. Your .htaccess file has php_values or php_flags in it. This causes a 500 Internal server error when attempting to execute the script.
The php_values and php_flags will need to be removed from your .htaccess file (please make a backup of the .htaccess by copying its contents and saving it on your desktop as htaccess.txt). Take the contents removed from .htaccess and place it into a file you create called php.ini. Remember to remove the php_flag and php_value part before the directives as php.ini files do not require those in front of the values. You can always make the changes and ask us if the changed files are correct.
Because php.ini values are not shared across directories, you would need a separate php.ini file in each folder that has .htaccess or that requires the php_values or php_flags. In order to avoid doing this, you can place a line in the .htaccess file in your public_html folder to have all values in your public_html php.ini to be shared across all folder. This line would be the following:
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username/public_html
750 Perms
Owner - r w x all checked
Group - r x checked
Public - None Checked
755 Perms
Owner - r w x all checked
Group - r x checked
Public - r x checked
644 Perms
Owner - r w checked
Group - r only checked
Public - r only checked
I figured it out! The details are listed in my ticket response, below. I hope it is helpful:

Thank you so much. Your information guided me to the problem. I got to step 3 of your list of solutions and followed the instructions. After several failures, I went through the steps again. That is when I noticed that the path in the .htaccess file stopped at the public_html folder. I added another step to the path to guide to to my add-on domain and the error went away. Yeehaa!

Thanks again for your patience. You have been most helpful, as always. I will close this ticket.