MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod to normal user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it meant to take ages to load? mine has been loading for about 20 minutes now and its half way!

Edit:

When it eventualy loaded it comes up with a page cannot be displayed.
No. Anyway, what I was getting at is, are you running 1.00, or 1.00 PR2 or 1.00 RC4. You can check this on the Admin CP front page, if the version check page still isn't available
1.00 PR2
That's what I thought. It was a bug in PR2, and it has been fixed since. You should upgrade to 1.03 and that will fix this bug, plus many other bugs, and patches the security vulnerabilities that have been found since then.

If not, you can patch admin/users.php:
Find:
"signature" => $mybb->input['signature'],
Replace with:
"signature" => addslashes($mybb->input['signature']),

There should be at least 2 instances of this line, and so you should patch both.
Thanks. Smile And i have heard reports of there forum being destroyed from an update?
Very little chance of that happening if you have backups.
A backup will only keep the forum intact, no chance of it stopping it deleting users and posts?
The upgrade doesn't delete anything. If you search any upgrade resource file, there are no "DELETE" queries to anything.

And the backup is there, so that if something does indeed break, you can restore your database, and restore the old files, and your board is back to what it was before. A backup isn't a protection system, like an antivirus. It's there for you to "revert to before" if something does go wrong (eg. hacker, upgrade problem)...
Pages: 1 2