MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Human spam problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-01-27, 05:22 AM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]Use reCAPTCHA.

Again, unless you have that on every single post submission form, a human can still go through the registration process.
Honestly, for the next week put all your spammers details into the search at http://stopforumspam.com/ and see what percentage of them are already in their database.
I have had this problem too in several forums I help administer. As Matt pointed out it is pointless to try and stop the human spammers at the registration page cos they will bypass all the security measures. I have found another way, I have coded a couple of plugins that puts the first 5 or whatever number of posts and topics we decide in moderation queue. The same things goes for the newly registered members. All their posts and topics go straight into the moderation queue until we select the legis users from the spammers. And it has helped a lot. It has cut down more than 80% on those weired posts made by the human spammers.
Pages: 1 2