MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: everything i want to put in a post wont go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im trying to post a very large list in my forum but it wont. it keeps cutting off,

ive had a look thru the settings but cant seem to find anything, is there a limited number of characters aloud in a post, if so how can i change it

cheers
Check ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum Message Length
yeah maximum message length is set to 0 for unlimited
How long is long?? Can we have your URL and a test account??
I just posted 3 lists all with 185 bullet points and they were all fine, what code are you using for them??
(2010-01-28, 11:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I just posted 3 lists all with 185 bullet points and they were all fine, what code are you using for them??

we are using normal text, one of the staff tried to put a list in of 3000 dvd's when u preview the post it is fine and show the whole list but when u post the list it cut it down to around 600. but this varies every time
You may just be hitting the value of what the MySQL text data type can handle... 3000 titles, say an average of 20 characters, that's 60000 characters, 65535 is the limit of a text column...