MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Footer Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have edited the footer of my forum - I centered and bolded the copyright and bottom navigation. However, the changes only appear when I am logged into the forum. If I am not logged in, it appears as it was before.
Link please?
http://www.idevopen.com

Username: User
Password: user123
Actually, the footer only appears to be bolded when I login as the admin. If I am not logged in, or logged in as another user, it appears just the same.
I don't see any changes that you did with the footer and i see no changes in your footer template.
(2010-01-28, 03:29 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any changes that you did with the footer and i see no changes in your footer template.

Here is the code from my footer:

<br />			<div class="bottommenu">				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>				<div>					<center><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span></center>				</div>			</div>			</div>		<hr class="hidden" />			<div id="copyright">				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.					 					 This is free software, support us and we'll support you. --><center><b>Powered By MyBB - An Open Source Forum Software</b></center>				<!-- End powered by --><br class="clear" /><!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->{$auto_dst_detection}		</div>		</div>[/code
]
(2010-01-28, 03:30 AM)CyberWizard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-28, 03:29 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any changes that you did with the footer and i see no changes in your footer template.

Here is the code from my footer:

<br />			<div class="bottommenu">				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>				<div>					<center><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span></center>				</div>			</div>			</div>		<hr class="hidden" />			<div id="copyright">				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.					 					 This is free software, support us and we'll support you. --><center><b>Powered By MyBB - An Open Source Forum Software</b></center>				<!-- End powered by --><br class="clear" /><!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->{$auto_dst_detection}		</div>		</div>[/code
]

little tip, that code doesn't contain the link to the mybb homepage, and the code works fine for me.
I'm logged in, i see no changes and when i log out i don't see any changes, what browser are you using?
I am using Internet Explorer - I removed the link because I thought that may have been causing the issue.

I have attached an image of what I am seeing - which is what I want everyone to see.
Ive checked in firefox, opera and IE and i still don't see it like the picture you've provided.
I know, that is the problem I am having. For some reason it is just appearing when I am logged in. Why is it not appearing like that for everyone else when I have changed the code so that it does?
I just logged into my account in FireFox and on the iPhone and when I am logged in it appears correct, but when I am not it doesn't.
Pages: 1 2