MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Corrupt Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From day one of my install, I have had features not working correctly and just a whole lot of bugs. The original way I installed was as a transfer from phpBB, and I believe this may have caused a lot of the problems as myBB was still in it's infancy (installed in early 2007 I think).

Anyway, I feel like either my install files are not gelling with the latest upgrade (since I'm getting all sorts of errors during the install screen process in a 1.4.1 -> 1.4.11 upgrade), or something in my database is corrupt.

Is it possible to make a fresh install with a fresh database and then move over the threads and users from the current install?

Thanks!
MyBB has been around since like 2002 to it definitely wasn't in its infancy in 07 Toungue

You can make a fresh install and migrate parts of the database but it wouldn't achieve much if the issues are being caused by data in the database and you won't be able to actually remove much without breaking the relational integrity of the database. You would also have to move to a vanillia 1.4.1 install then upgrade as well so you wouldn't be upgrading just by moving your install to another file base so to say.

Have you actually upgraded to 1.4.11? If not try upgrading again but this time tell us your errors and we will help you sort them out Smile

If so, what are these errors and bugs your encountering because there may be something simple causing many of them.