MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature of the Month - February - Winner gets $50 USD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

This contest is the 2nd one operated by Console World, but there's only one Grand Prize: $50 USD for the winner.

As the title says, it's a Signature of the Month contest, that is you have to create and design your best signature in February to be judged.
The contest starts on 1st February 2010 at 00:00 GMT+00 and ends on 28th February 2010 at 23:59 GMT+00.

Requirements
You must have at least 10 posts.
You must have a PayPal account.

Participating
To enter a signature, create a new thread here with the title: "[SOTM Contest #1] ANYTHING YOU WANT GOES HERE"
You can create as many signatures as you want and ask for suggestions or anything else (in a separated thread, here).
However, you must clarify the signatures you are entering. You can only enter up to 3 signatures max.

If you have entered three but want to replace one of them with another one, you may change them before the end date only.

Prize
$50 USD to the winner which are sent through PayPal.

Judging
There are three factors in judging, two judges and a public poll.
  • Judges
  • jo3_sum and I, Pirata Nervo, will award points to each signature, with a scale of 0-5.

Poll
    • A public poll is going to be posted as well where users will be able to vote for their favourite entry.
    • Participants can vote for their own signatures.
    • Once the poll is closed, the 1st place will get 3 points, the 2nd will get 2 points and the 3rd will get 1 point. (remember that no cheating is allowed)

• 13 possible points for a competitor to earn. The points are received 2 x 5 from the judges and 3 from the poll.
  • These points will be summed to the points given by jo3_sum and me and the signature's owner with the largest amount of points will be awarded the prize.
  • In a rare case of a tie, the judges, jo3_sum and I, will decide the winner.
Hey! What will you do if at the end you get two top entries with the same points value? Wink
(2010-01-28, 03:50 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! What will you do if at the end you get two top entries with the same points value? Wink

We don't know yet, we either make a new poll or decide between me and jo3_sum Smile
I am in Smile. I need money so badly for a new project!
(2010-01-28, 05:27 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I am in Smile. I need money so badly for a new project!

Sure, do your best Toungue
Once this one ends, I'll setup a new one for April, not sure about what yet though.
My point is to have run at least 6 contests per year
Edited first post with more details
Are you allowing non sig entries?
Sig - I mean like render and effects
I can do like advertlike sigs.
No advertisement signatures are allowed. This is "Signature of the month", the point is to make signatures
I'm also in.
I should participate, sadly I have no time. You all got lucky. LOL
(2010-01-28, 11:14 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I should participate, sadly I have no time. You all got lucky. LOL

Yay someone else has a chance! I may join.
Pages: 1 2