MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.2.2 to 1.4.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @ all !

I have to update myBB for some features like Youtube or other plugins.

MyBB 1.2.2 is installed on my server, now i make all steps throw from WIKI and then i make that cheat delete these lines:
265: if($success && $this->db_encoding)
		{
			$this->query("SET NAMES '{$this->db_encoding}'");
			if($write_success && count($this->connections) > 1)
			{
				$this->write_query("SET NAMES '{$this->db_encoding}'");
			}
		}
		return $success;

1282: return " CHARACTER SET {$this->db_encoding} COLLATE {$collation}";

Problem is this Message:
Fatal error: [SQL] [1044] Access denied for user: 'ec-tuev@%' to database 'ectuev'
ALTER TABLE mybb_banned ADD oldadditionalgroups TEXT NOT NULL AFTER oldgroup in /var/ftp/ec-tuev/Forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 540

Thank you for support !

Congratulations to the MyBB-Crew, best Boardsoftware ever ;-)
:| You mean you've been running this version for over 3 years?? Wow. You've missed out on hundreds of bug and security fixes. Howcome you haven't upgraded for 3 years??

That error is because your database user doesn't have enough permissions, you'll need to give them more permissions via your host control panel, your host can help you with this if you're unsure on how to do it.
(2010-01-28, 05:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]:| You mean you've been running this version for over 3 years?? Wow. You've missed out on hundreds of bug and security fixes. Howcome you haven't upgraded for 3 years??

That error is because your database user doesn't have enough permissions, you'll need to give them more permissions via your host control panel, your host can help you with this if you're unsure on how to do it.

I' was always afraid that this update function correctly on this Webspace. Now i read some new features are very cool like Youtube and so on ...

In future i will always update my Boardsoftware.

Thank you !
You should have been far more worried about being hacked. This is probably the oldest, most insecure forum I've ever seen being run in all my time here.

Let us know if you need any more help.
Thank you for your support, today i get more rights on database same message appears.

What means '@%' after username ? We configured ectuev @ localhost, is this enough ?
Is that not just part of the database user name in config.php...?? If the same message appears you'll need to ask your host, assigning rights to a database user is beyond the scope of our support.
yeah i talk with my host and now 1.4.11 is running already !