MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email sending help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mybb was working well and all of sudden it stop sending email i.e. email for activation account and password retrieval etc........all the settings are same and working what should I do to make it work??? Please help immediately.
what you have done before this problem acooured ?
any plugin or setting chnged ...?
Please don't type in big, bold, red text, it looks childish and we can read normal text just fine.

Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2010-01-29, 07:05 AM)KILL_ME Wrote: [ -> ]what you have done before this problem acooured ?
any plugin or setting chnged ...?

Infect I was trying to upgrade and all plugin were deactivated and than activated again........after that the problem appeared.....

(2010-01-29, 09:22 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't type in big, bold, red text, it looks childish and we can read normal text just fine.

Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

thanks for suggestion Matt....I will assure compliance.
If the wiki dosen't solve your problem, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>System Email Log>Tell us what it says
(2010-01-29, 02:26 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]If the wiki dosen't solve your problem, go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>System Email Log>Tell us what it says

it says Under "Error Message"

Quote:Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />9: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

Please help my forum has became silent since then....Sad
(2010-01-29, 09:22 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't type in big, bold, red text, it looks childish and we can read normal text just fine.

matt I have followed the instruction used code

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

$to = '[email protected]';

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
     echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
     echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}
?>

to make "New.php" and then it was uploaded to sever and run it in browser the result was "Mail was sent by PHP" but I am still not able to send to all email including password rest and account activation emails..... Please help me soon.....

Regards,
R|F|I
Did you actually receive an email saying "This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works"? If you didn't then the email was filtered out by one of your spam filters somewhere along the line.
(2010-02-03, 10:18 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually receive an email saying "This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works"? If you didn't then the email was filtered out by one of your spam filters somewhere along the line.

no sir I did n't received that email Sad
Well as I said, the server had no issues sending the message so the problem is at your end. Possibly spam filter, firewalls or other filters active on your inbox are causing this.
Email system is still not working please help Huh
Pages: 1 2 3