MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgradation failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to upgrade 1.4.9 to 1.4.11 according to the tutorial.....but when I went to that step

www.yourdomainname.com/install/upgrade.php

it doesn't show the 1.4.11 in the drop down box and shows only the previous versions....when I clicked next next after finishing the wizard and lock file was placed in it.....

But my forum is still running at 1.4.9

can any one configure it out what happened???
It knows you're upgrading to 1.4.11, it needs to know what you're upgrading from, to know what to do. Does say this on the wiki.

Quote:You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from. Be sure you select the correct version you are currently using or else the upgrade will not work correctly or completely!
As Matt said, select the one you are upgrading from. In your case, you would select 1.4.9, and click next.
(2010-01-29, 02:24 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]As Matt said, select the one you are upgrading from. In your case, you would select 1.4.9, and click next.

there was no such option available.......UndecidedUndecided
I think it is just the first and only option if I remember correctly. Also, there is no need to type in bold, we can read normal text just fine.
Are you sure you uploaded all the changed files properly, so they overwrote your current ones?? If you said you tried to upgrade before and it still said 1.4.9, sounds like you didn't upload the files properly.
(2010-01-29, 04:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you uploaded all the changed files properly, so they overwrote your current ones?? If you said you tried to upgrade before and it still said 1.4.9, sounds like you didn't upload the files properly.

yes, it could be the possibility i have used a file transfer software to transfer and over write all the existing files..... anyhow I would try again.

Thanks