MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail queue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I am considering to convert my community's software to MyBB, but we need some clarification before we take this step. We already saw how MyBB works, we found out that MyBB has almost all features we need but..., we can't test about one that is essential for us, a mail queue list.

Does MyBB has the functionality of queuing emails? Our server only allows 1000 emails per hour, so we need to tie the mailing function with a queue list, but we didn't find out anything where we can configure how much emails can be send per hour (or another time division). Is that possible with MyBB? If yes, can we show me how?

Thanks in advance,
HecKel
Hi,
Yep, this is configurable by the task system. MyBB has an inbuilt task system which is trigged (if one is due) each time someone loads a page. There's a bit of code in the footer that checks for due tasks and runs them if necessary, one of which is the mass mail task. When you create the mailing you can choose a number of emails to send per run of the task. Each time it runs, it'll send out a chunk of emails, send some more when it's next run, until they're all gone.
humm, ok. I guess that's the "Per Page" field, am I right?

But what about topics notifications, PMs, etc? How can I control this queue?

My concern here is if I am sending a malling list, to 10k users, and because of my server's limitation my members will lose topics notifications, or PMs notifications, or even the malling list email.

Our community is not big, we only have 13k members, but I have no ideia how many emails are send per hour just considering notifications (topics, replies, pms, etc). My current system has this functionality, I can control globally how many emails (in general) are sent per hour, so I would like to have something that give me the same security.

Sorry if I sound septic, but this is not just my own decision and I need as much information as I can get because of this. This issue is our only concern about MyBB.