MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PNG Avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would suggest for the next MyBB version:

If the avatar has a transparent background, there shouldn't be a black background.
That should be up to the theme, and is really not hard to do:
td.post_avatar {
    background: #000;
}

Just add that to the end of the global.css for the theme you're using, and poof, avatars have a black background in posts (the members list might be different, though).
Know... I want a transparent background instead of a black background
Umm, what? You want the image to have a transparent background?
I think we're seeing a case of ESL Syndrome here. (English Second Language Syndrome) and he mean't SHOULDN'T instead of SHOULD.
(2010-01-30, 02:48 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're seeing a case of ESL Syndrome here. (English Second Language Syndrome) and he mean't SHOULDN'T instead of SHOULD.

Sorry. It was a typo
Images are really an issue of whoever made them. So if they didn't make it transparent, perhaps they didn't intend it to be so...
(2010-01-31, 04:45 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Images are really an issue of whoever made them. So if they didn't make it transparent, perhaps they didn't intend it to be so...

The issue arises when you upload an image too large and the system has to resize it, adding a black background. Of course it's easily avoided by resizing it yourself but nonetheless...
(2010-01-31, 06:16 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-31, 04:45 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Images are really an issue of whoever made them. So if they didn't make it transparent, perhaps they didn't intend it to be so...

The issue arises when you upload an image too large and the system has to resize it, adding a black background. Of course it's easily avoided by resizing it yourself but nonetheless...
That's probably GD not properly handling PNG transparency I guess. I highly doubt MyBB can actually do anything.
(2010-01-31, 08:33 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-31, 06:16 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]

That's probably GD not properly handling PNG transparency I guess. I highly doubt MyBB can actually do anything.

Correct. As stated the solution is to resize it yourself.
Pages: 1 2