MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing "headerinclude" from a file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is there a possibility to change "headerinclude" by editing some file? In which file this function is if it is of course. I can't edit headerinclude from ACP because of magic_quotes on.
All the templates are contained within the database. So you could change it from PHPMyAdmin.
To be perfectly honest though you should really just ask your host to disable magic_quotes.
I've asked about disabling this feature since they don't allow such changes via php.ini or .htaccess but I think that MyBB should have some feature avoiding magic quotes, even if it is deprecated function, SMF got this feature for example.
This is laughable. If it's causing an issue they have to turn it off globally. If this is causing an issue, it's because they're using PHP 5.3.x, and it will not work on that, they have to disable it completely. They're stupid if they're refusing to.

And don't change it in the database because unless you've already edited it, you'll be editing the master.
I've edited it via database, and everything is ok (I forgot about slashes, edited via ACP and whole forum was looking odd). Maybe they should turn it off, but I think that all in all MyBB should have such option.

All in all I left their hosting with my larger forum, because of their host problems, now everything is ok.
Undecided And are you sure you edited the row of an already custom template, and not the master version of it...??

If you're not allowed to turn it off with php.ini or .htaccess, how would you propose we do it?? It's not a case of 'maybe' they should turn it off, they have to turn it off. I wouldn't stay with them if they refused.
It's the question why SMF don't have such problems on the same host?

Yes, I'm sure I edited the correct headerinclude table, everything is working fine now.
Is magic quotes used in SMF...??

What was the sid of it??
Don't know if they use magic quotes.. what are they used for in MyBB?
For the same reason why they're used in practically every other PHP application.

If your host is using PHP 5.3, then they must disable magic_quotes because it's deprecated. You can create a custom php.ini your forum's root directory settings magic_quotes to off.