MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on LOGO & Smileys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How to change my forum logo,? I only see the default mybb logo. I want to change it using my own logo..

Where to upload my personalize smileys ? On the webhosting ? or on the Forums Admin panel? How

Thanks Thanks
Uploading Smilies - > just upload them anywhere in on your server, then change their url in ACP -> Cinfiguration -> Smilies

The easiest way to change your logo is to upload you own logo and replace the old one (it should be the same name and file extension - like gif , jpeg - as the original)
The auctual easyest way to chaneg your logo is to upload it to the theme folder, and if it is under a diffrent name than logo.png (or .gif, can't remember) is to go to ACP>Templates & Style>**your theme**>scroll down to board logo>put in the path of the image. Mine for example is:

images/novus-cardinal/logo.gif
Uploading Smilies - > just upload them anywhere in on your server,

So.. You mean on the webhosting that Im using ? I dont have my own server. I use emenace as my sample hosting.. Will I upload it to emenace webhost?

The easiest way to change your logo is to upload you own logo and replace the old one

Upload where? Sorry Im just new to forum software and webhosting.. Where to upload sir?
I've never heard about emenace, but can you access your site via some ftp client? Hmm... your site folders, for example some hosting providers tell you to put your files into public_html, httpdocs or other, those folders are folders of your forum.

The FTP client is FileZilla and so on, some host providers give you also the option to upload files via web ftp client (ftp client is a program or web application that allows you to upload, download, and view your site files).

In the main folder of your website you will have some other folders, which are mybb forums folders, it's like on the PC, but the PC is your serverWink.

In the folder "images|" you will find all graphics regarding to you forum, and themes folders if you have some other themes, just find logo.gif , logo.png and replace it with your own.

You've got a special folder with Smilies too in "images" directory, if you don't want to use ACP to change them, just replace them.
www.emenace.com

is what im using.. hmm.
Thier site is just a black page with a white dot o.o
For me this site is normal hosting site jerschelle, do you have any ftp data (don't post it here!)?
when I open up my webhosting 's file manager,, this is what i see..

[Image: 35c4b4g.png]

So,, Is this the place where I will upload the logo & smileys first?
yes, just look for logo.gif logo.png and replace it with your own. The same with smilies.
Pages: 1 2 3