MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MybbAddons.com] Anonymus Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Anonymus Mode
Description: With this plugin, developed during a request of my fellow Zaiendo members, your users can post anonymously.

You have to create one user account (e.g. Anonymous User) first and later your users can (don't need to) add an additional nick to their postings.
The posts/threads will be displayed as posted by the anonymus user but with the username the member entered.
The user who posted isn't mentioned any longer.

If you don't understand this properly (it is actually hard to describe) please view the screenshots below.

Demo: Forum
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Adds files: [yes]
Changes files: [no]
Adds templates: [no]
Changes templates: [yes]
Adds to database: [no]
Changes database: [no]

Screenshots:
[attachment=17191]
Logged in as Lennart. Starting a new thread and adding the username "MyNewNick".
[attachment=17192]
Still logged in as Lennart I do a reply with a different nickname: "Other new nick"
[attachment=17194]
This is how it looks now - thread view with 3 anonymous postings, all assigned to the one anonymous user. My nick Lennart is not mentioned there.

[attachment=17193]
Settings for specific forums. Adding FIDs and UID is REQUIRED!

Download for subscribers:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-1176.html
Do you verify that the nick entered in doesn't match other users' user name? If not, this plugin facilitates users posting as someone else.
Thank you for pointing that out, I should look into that and add a setting to avoid it.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Can ONLY admins be the selected user , as i don't want any my members to be able to do this Shy
I will add a setting for group permissions if a subscriber requests it.
I have Fews Question can you answer them please

1. is these a "post as alternate user plugin" where admin can post with any username he want

2. does the username to be entered is required to be present in database , if yes then what happen if a username is entered which is not present in database

3. does the post count and thread count is updated in that user profile whose name in entered while creating a thread or reply

4. do mybbaddons have only paypal payment method, i want to be a subscriber and i am from india , can anybody guide how do i make a payment
I'm not sure if you intended it that way but it's actually spelled "Anonymous".
(2010-02-07, 01:41 PM)netjockey Wrote: [ -> ]I have Fews Question can you answer them please

Answered at MybbAddons.com directly, no repost here needed.

(2010-02-09, 12:22 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if you intended it that way but it's actually spelled "Anonymous".

Thanks... I should look the names up in my dictionary before releasing new plugins.
Sorry but english is not my native language Wink