MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Way to Re-Install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm going to be re-installing a MyBB forum, and need to know the best way to do so. How do I go by backing up my posts, users, etc?

Thanks in advanced Smile
Why exactly do you need to reinstall?? It's almost never the solution to a problem. What's actually gone wrong?? If you backup everything, reinstall and then import the backup, you'll be using the same data you were to begin with so you'll be back to where you were before.
There is just too much stuff in the FTP directory to even find anything...
Assuming you have not modifying core code:

first, uninstall all installed mods.
some mods, need to backup such Thanks, MyPS etc.
Or, backup all MySQL data via PHPMyAdmin panel.

then clean up your FTP directory. Upload all new fresh un-modified MyBB files.
setup and re-upload all old mybb SQL via PHPMyAdmin.
I hope you, remember the original Mybb SQL structure or list. In case you have to clean un-necessary SQL which not came from MyBB.

Finally, be careful and take your responbility.
PS: I am doing this few times few months ago.
(2010-01-31, 01:33 AM)Dutchcoffee Wrote: [ -> ]There is just too much stuff in the FTP directory to even find anything...

So why do you need to reinstall the forum because of that?? Can you explain more what exactly you're doing?? You don't need to reinstall the database if there's a lot of files uploaded....
Why not just go through and delete the files that arent needed? It would be alot more easy than re-installing.