MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal >< Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i separate the portal from the forum so i can have my set up like this

url/forums/index.php < [forums]

url/portal.php < [portal]

i just moved the portal then i get this at the top of my portal page
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forums4u/public_html/portal.php:1) - Line: 1548 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.11 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
[PHP]	 	errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php	1548	header
/inc/class_session.php	360	my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php	98	session->load_guest
/global.php	56	session->init
/home/forums4u/public_html/portal.php	35	require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forums4u/public_html/portal.php:1) - Line: 1548 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.11 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/inc/class_session.php	365	my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php	98	session->load_guest
File	Line	Function
/inc/class_session.php	106	my_setcookie

i am using the proportal plugin
Reupload a new copy of ./portal.php from a fresh download, there's something wrong with it.
no i want portal.php to be my homepage in a different directory instead of the forum directory
Right, but this error is being caused because there is an error in that file, therefore you need to upload a new copy of it. Looks like you've edited it in notepad and it's broken it, edit it in wordpad instead.
i didnt change anything i just moved it to a different directory
You must have edited something , or there wouldn't be an error on the first line. Just replace it with a new copy, and it'll go.
i ma using proportal and i changed the forum directory from

$forumdir = "./";

to

$forumdir = "./support";
Right, so before when you said you didn't change anything, you actually did... that is why it's broken then, you probably edited it using notepad, upload a new copy of it, edit it again, but use wordpad, not notepad.
okay i will try
It worked thanks
but they cant login to it
hello answer please
Can you maybe try and be a bit more patient?? We don't sit here refreshing threads all the time to see if there's new replies.

Seeing as you made a new thread on this I'll close this one.