MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Topsites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey everyone, I had this idea a little while back but I was out of town so it was one of the first things I wanted to do once I got home. It's ready to get started now so without further adieu, I present MybbTopsites.com.

Submit your site to be ranked against other forums running on MyBB and display your rank on your site to make your members proud (top 10 sites show the current rank on the image).

I'm open to suggestions so let me know if you have an idea or issue.

Enjoy,
RPicard

[Image: header.jpg]
Looking good, but perhaps you should get a better logo.
Also nice domain. Good luck with the site.
(2010-01-31, 07:47 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, but perhaps you should get a better logo.
Also nice domain. Good luck with the site.

Thanks, the logo isn't the best but I like it the contrast from the red. I may work on it eventually.
There is a theme that gives you the psd. and it has the mybb logo so you could add topsites after it.
(2010-01-31, 07:51 PM)Devilson Wrote: [ -> ]There is a theme that gives you the psd. and it has the mybb logo so you could add topsites after it.

I'll look into that. Thanks.
Alright what do you think of it now?
That looks allot better.

More professional.
Very nice one thing I suggest is editing the width of the whole container and change the rating icons to the stars like the ones we get with MyBB
(2010-01-31, 08:28 PM)Devilson Wrote: [ -> ]That looks allot better.

More professional.

I agree.

Just for the record, the logo PSD came from here: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-trans...image-pack
(2010-01-31, 08:31 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice one thing I suggest is editing the width of the whole container and change the rating icons to the stars like the ones we get with MyBB

Ah, very clever. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll see what I can do about that.
Okay, I've got the stars up. It looks great. Thanks for the suggestion.
Looking good. Some tips:

- Forget that "Aardvark Topsites PHP" crap and write your own backend. PHP and MySQL are such simple languages, any web developer should know them. I have a "MyBB directory" (see signature), and I wrote the entire backend in two hours.
- From what I can tell, each user can only have one site. Most of us here run more than one forum.
- Stats are inaccurate. They only track clicks coming from your site and practically mean nothing.
- The logo in the header needs more padding.
- Doesn't validate.
I'm not a web developer nor do I claim to be one. I couldn't code myself out of a virtual box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5