MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My board is a mess, anyway to safely start over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while back I had to restore my forum from a backup. After that my board has been weird. There's settings for plugins I don't have anymore, some plugins that aren't around anymore still say they're installed and activated or deactivated. Also sometimes my board goes down due to an sql error because a table is missing.

I tried going into the Backup Manager and making a backup of just the basics (posts, threads, users, stuff like that) but that didn't help because the sql file was missing tables. So can someone tell me if it's possible to strip away all the crap and just start over with the basics?
Backing up and restoring would do nothing as you'd just end up with exactly the same forum you have now. You can delete settings by going to ACP > Configuration > Modify Settings. For plugins that still show, are you sure all the files for them have been deleted?? As for the SQL error, if we knew what it was, we'd be able to sort it out.
(2010-02-01, 12:41 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Backing up and restoring would do nothing as you'd just end up with exactly the same forum you have now. You can delete settings by going to ACP > Configuration > Modify Settings. For plugins that still show, are you sure all the files for them have been deleted?? As for the SQL error, if we knew what it was, we'd be able to sort it out.

I'll give you an example. Right now I have automedia in the plugin folder. In the plugins page it says it isn't activated yet the videos are still embedable in posts however, if I click the active button, I get an error saying
SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'insight_mybb.mybb_themes' doesn't exist
Query:
    SELECT name, tid, properties, stylesheets FROM mybb_themes WHERE tid='57' LIMIT 1
A missing themes table isn't a reason to reinstall... how did you manage to delete it...?? You must have done it in phpMyAdmin. Run this, sorry it stretches the page:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mybb_themes` (
  `tid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `pid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `def` smallint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `properties` text NOT NULL,
  `stylesheets` text NOT NULL,
  `allowedgroups` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`tid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

INSERT INTO `mybb_themes` (`tid`, `name`, `pid`, `def`, `properties`, `stylesheets`, `allowedgroups`) VALUES
(1, 'MyBB Master Style', 0, 0, 'a:6:{s:11:"templateset";i:-2;s:6:"imgdir";s:6:"images";s:4:"logo";s:15:"images/logo.gif";s:10:"tablespace";s:1:"4";s:11:"borderwidth";s:1:"1";s:11:"editortheme";s:7:"default";}', 'a:7:{s:6:"global";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/global.css";}}s:10:"usercp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:11:"usercp2.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:11:"private.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:9:"modcp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:29:"cache/themes/theme1/modcp.css";}}s:16:"forumdisplay.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";}}s:14:"showthread.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:34:"cache/themes/theme1/showthread.css";}}}', ''),
(2, 'Default', 1, 1, 'a:7:{s:11:"templateset";i:1;s:9:"inherited";a:5:{s:6:"imgdir";i:1;s:4:"logo";i:1;s:10:"tablespace";i:1;s:11:"borderwidth";i:1;s:11:"editortheme";i:1;}s:6:"imgdir";s:6:"images";s:4:"logo";s:15:"images/logo.gif";s:10:"tablespace";s:1:"4";s:11:"borderwidth";s:1:"1";s:11:"editortheme";s:7:"default";}', 'a:8:{s:6:"global";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/global.css";}}s:9:"inherited";a:7:{s:13:"global_global";a:1:{s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/global.css";i:1;}s:17:"usercp.php_global";a:1:{s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";i:1;}s:18:"usercp2.php_global";a:1:{s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";i:1;}s:18:"private.php_global";a:1:{s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";i:1;}s:16:"modcp.php_global";a:1:{s:29:"cache/themes/theme1/modcp.css";i:1;}s:23:"forumdisplay.php_global";a:1:{s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;}s:21:"showthread.php_global";a:2:{s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:34:"cache/themes/theme1/showthread.css";i:1;}}s:10:"usercp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:11:"usercp2.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:11:"private.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:30:"cache/themes/theme1/usercp.css";}}s:9:"modcp.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:29:"cache/themes/theme1/modcp.css";}}s:16:"forumdisplay.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:1:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";}}s:14:"showthread.php";a:1:{s:6:"global";a:2:{i:0;s:36:"cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css";i:1;s:34:"cache/themes/theme1/showthread.css";}}}', '');

Make sure you get all of it, code block has a scroll bar.

As for the plguin, there must still be a file for it somewhere otherwise it wouldn't actually be embedding...
(2010-02-01, 08:27 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]A missing themes table isn't a reason to reinstall... how did you manage to delete it...?? You must have done it in phpMyAdmin. Run this, sorry it stretches the page:

Make sure you get all of it, code block has a scroll bar.

As for the plguin, there must still be a file for it somewhere otherwise it wouldn't actually be embedding...

Erm, I didn't mention anything about themes. And about the plugins, All I would backup were the basic databases. Then I would do a clean install of MyBB, keep the files on the server but delete the tables then replace them with the backed up ones.
Well, you did, that error you gave said there was no themes table, hence me giving you a query to add it. Is your table prefix mybb_?? May be a bug in that plugin if your table prefix isn't mybb_, if it's hardcoded mybb_ into it and yours is something else it would throw an error, otherwise you'd see that error everywhere... and if you backup even just the important stuff, install again, and import the backup, you'll be using pretty much the exact same forum you were before.