MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many people would be interested in using an AJAX-based portal for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm curious-- how many people would be interested in using an ajax-based portal (eg content modules (or blocks) are updated in real-time)?

I noticed that MyBB comes packaged up with a default portal.php-- though it's just static content being displayed, not much being updated. I've seen other plugins that create a more streamlined version of managing the portal, but none for integrating it far enough.

How many people actually use the portal, or would like a more integrated portal? Having the content modules appear in the forums, on the sides, around particular sections of the forums, etc.
I'd be more interested in an Ajax board index.
Yeah your right TheLifelessOne, although it would be fairly resource hungry an AJAX board index would be more useful, people usually just skip past the portal.
Would be nice, but bloat.
Quote:or would like a more integrated portal? Having the content modules appear in the forums, on the sides, around particular sections of the forums, etc.

Aren't there already a few more advanced portals out there for MyBB created?
ProPortal works perfect for me
it will be high resources.
But, I think for heavy big forum does not matter. Because the forum already on high traffic Smile
Too much bloat for something that imo isn't used enough or a lot. I mean if the portal actually had customizability with the ability to use it as an index, basically to be used as a homepage, that would be great.