MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm at work, and i need to fdisk, but i am using 5.10 How would i partition it with it? I cant' download newer.
(2010-02-01, 02:08 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm at work, and i need to fdisk, but i am using 5.10 How would i partition it with it? I cant' download newer.

5.10 WHAT? Ubuntu?
Yes, ubuntu sorry, wrote it in a hurry. No worries though. Did get a distro on there to format. Though can't. To many physical errors.
(2010-02-01, 08:31 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, ubuntu sorry, wrote it in a hurry. No worries though. Did get a distro on there to format. Though can't. To many physical errors.

Try the formatting utility on here:
BootIt Next Generation

In fact all of Terrabyte Unlimited's tools are good.
Would that get rid of physical errors?
(2010-02-01, 08:40 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Would that get rid of physical errors?

It might be able to if you use its secure wipe function. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have another good utility though that CAN fix a LOT of errors with disks, I just have to wait till later when I'm home to look at my CD tower and get the name of it. I'll reply to this with that name later.

But considering how small and easy BootItNG is, you can't lose by trying it Smile

Though, IMO you're better off just getting a new disk, especially with the prices these days you can get a pretty big one cheap.
I have one ordered now. Smile 500 gigs though, it makes me want to fill it up... Tri booting anyone Toungue
Ok, just for an FYI, the name of the software is Spinrite. I have Spinrite 5 or 6. I think its 6.

And tri-boot is a waste. You need Linux only Toungue
Well i was gonna do Moblin, UNR and windows for that one game i am addicted to..
Why would you do Moblin? That's linux for Mobile devices like phones and crap. It isn't designed for use on proper PCs. So dual-boot it and if you want to experiment with Moblin do it in a VM.
Pages: 1 2 3