MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to backup database through phpmyadmin - Why is it only download 5Kb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm following the directions here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Backup

But it's not downloading correctly. It should be more like 150 MB but it stops downloading after 5 KB.

My host recently changed alot of things, am I forgetting some boxes to tick?

I have SQL ticked, all the mybb tables, structure and data are ticked.
Clicking Go in uncompressed format.

Any ideas?
Open the file and tell me how many lines are there, I did just export a near vanilla MyBB database and it was about 800kb in text format.
No, there must be somegthing wrong with the way I'm exporting.

I've done an export in the past and it was about 150 MB, this one was only 5 KB.

I still haven't figured out what I'm possibly doing. Can anyone please help?
Please, can anybody help.

My board went down for 5 days and I managed to get it back online, but I don't want to open it back up "for business" until I can make a good backup.

I just need help backing it up through phpmyadmin, why isn't it downloading correctly?
Really issues with phpmyadmin have nothing to do with us. I have to go out now for a few hours but if you want to PM me your cPanel details I'll try for you if you want when I get back.
Nevermind, it was a simple fix. I had the wrong things ticked under Data and Structure. Found an image online of what needs to be ticked and what shouldn't.

Thanks.