MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to place any analytics code????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,

I want to track the analytics of my MyBB board. There are some plugins that help to place the google analytics code in a MyBB board. But my problem is that I am not using google analytics. instead I have installed piwik on my on hosting account. It is asking me to place a javascript code just before the </body> tag of my website. I thought that this tag should present in the "footer" template of my board but neither it is there nor the <body> tag is in the "header" template. So, plz tell me where I can put this code?
Can I introduce <body> & </body> tags myself in the template of my board?
If yes, then where????

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!
If you put it right at the end of the footer template, it'll be just before </body> when the page is actually generated Smile
You mean I can imagine that there is a </body> tag present at the end of the "footer" template? and any thing which I am asked to place just before </body> tag, I can put it at the end of footer template? Ok...I am going to put it there and will update this post in a day or two stating the status of this task.
Yep, basically on pages such as the index, forum display, show thread etc etc, the templates for those pages would have this:

{$footer}
</body>

So it will load the footer template, and then have </body> straight after.
oh.....I see..Thank you very much Mattrogowski. I was really confused about this and you have now cleared my mind..

Thank You Man!!!!!

EDIT: Well it is working now according to your guidance....so, again thanks and good bye!!!!!!!!
Awesome, I'm trying to put the code in the footer.
I Just downloaded this and voila... I like to experiment.. here is the plugin on the board for it..

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/google-analytics