MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Configuration Problems after install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

After some troubles with installing the forum (had problems with the rights on the language folder on the FTP) I finally managed to get the forum installed, and not getting the message that there isn't any language installed.

But now I encounter a new problem. I want to do the basic configuration of the board, starting with creating (sub-)Forums. Here comes the problem. As soon as I click on "Add new forum", or chose to edit the default (sub-)forum, I get the following page with message:

Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I can check the server error log. I think the only one that can do that is my web-hosting provider(?). Also when I go to the configuration part of the admin panel, and chose any subject it comes with this message.

Did I still do something wrong with the installation of my board? Or are still some CHMOD rights on files / folders not correct? I already spent lots of time checking and rechecking this, because I first had the language fault after install (found solution partly on this forum, other part was rights on the language folder on the ftp, couldn't even access the folder myself after upload).

Help? Smile

Webserver info where my forum is running:
MyBB Version 1.4.11
PHP Version 5.2.3
SQL Engine MySQLi 4.1.20
Server Load 0.21

I do know I didn't encounter any problems with the first myBB forum I've installed quite some time ago. That always was running fine.
Id contact your host and see what they say.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html

I know that says about a 403 error but it could cause this error too. An Internal Server Error is unhelpfully broad (not your fault, they all are).
Ahh, found the error logs in Plesk (love my webhost :p)

Just tried it again, and this are the two lines I got:
Quote:[Wed Feb 03 15:17:30 2010] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/x/x/x/httpdocs/favicon.ico
[Wed Feb 03 15:17:33 2010] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] mod_security: Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "(\\\\.\\\\./\\\\.\\\\.|/)" at ARG("module") [hostname "x.bakbeest.com"] [uri "/admin/index.php?module=home/preferences"]

I won't mind giving more detailed info, but I prefer to do that in a PM.

EDIT
Thnx for the Wiki page. Also looked into that, and I used the solution with renaming the htaccess.txt to .htaccess. It seems everything is working properly now Smile

Thnx for the link(s)