MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google ditching IE 6.0-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I find this to be a great idea. Besides schools, no one uses IE 6. I think schools should just upgrade, or microsoft should make school versions with admin powers of IE.
My school, running XP, runs IE7 by default. Of course I've just installed FireFox, so no big deal.
i think this is an good step fro google take it might mean finally ie6 will die it gives many off us big head acks everyday. it would be great if ie its self was not support anymore as even now the new versions of ie can give you an head ack. not supporting css 3 is just stupid. it makes me so mad when websites i make run i all web browsers EVEN ON MY MOBILE PHONE BROWSER. but it just dont work in ie right makes life so much harder.

but i think this an great movie by google it dont support ie6. i have not done for years now keep with the new not the old i say. i only support ie6 when the client says it needs supporting else its something really bad that need to be support for the website to work right .
I don't think not supporting css3 is a that big of a deal. It's not finalized, but not supporting all of css 2.1 is a big deal Toungue.
yes of course it not supporting 2.1 is even worst but not supporting any 3.0 is bad as well due to the fact its holding back technology and what webmasters can do with there websites
I think schools need to upgrade browsers anyway.

I make and manage the school website, and I find that it doesn't look good and doesn't function well because they are in IE. I often times find myself having to make teachers use the compatibility mode feature in IE. But really, they just need to upgrade to at least FF or GC. I know that they won't do Safari -.-
Well if they're going to use GC they mies as well use Safari Toungue.(since they both use webkit)
Though Chrome is a lot better imho, faster and more stable on windows (I haven't tested lately but...)
That's because apple sucks at porting things Toungue. The only reason iTunes works well is because they make tons of money off of iTunes.
Safari 3 for windows is good. I hate Safari 4 for Windows. Safari 4 for Mac, Amazing Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5