MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I disable mass email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I couldn't find it and I need to disable it as it breaches my hosts terms of service. Dodgy
Don't send it out...?? Not sure what answer you're looking for, mass mail is something you instigate... if you're not allowed to send mass mails, don't send any.
you are the only one that can send mass mails, (unless you have another admin). Juts don't go near the mass mailing button and you should be ok.

--Conor
Just asking because my host just randomly suspended my account and said I was mass emailing from that domain, so I thought it was a member or a spambot. Thanks guys.
It may be because of the "new reply" or "new PM" notifications, I get tonnes of them in my spam box and a lot get blocked by major IPs like ATT and BELL. This may be the issue.
How would I go about not automatically emailing every time a private message is sent?
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify` = '0';
Thanks Matt. I appreciate it.
Nope it didn't work. My account got suspended again for mass emailing when pm's are sent between users. I really need to disable this.
hi, im having a similar problem.

I need to disable the mybb email functionality completely, if possible.

I don't know php ATM cause im to busy with other languages now, so i can't just look for what i need in the source as recode it.
@MrJohn That's not mass mailing, I think you're getting confused with the terms. Mass mailing is something you send via the ACP, emails being sent because of new PMs are just general mail. If those emails are being sent again, people would have turned that setting on again, as that query would have turned it off, you'll need to remove the code from the usercp_options template to stop them changing it. To be honest though, if your host is suspending you because of mail like this, they clearly have an extremely low limit.

@levone What emails are being sent out?? Just general notifications??
Pages: 1 2