MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error when restoring certain backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have restored the mybb database about 20 times or so in the last few weeks (in concert with moving the forums to another host; with a few aborted trials).

virtually all of the restores have gone well, but a few havent. i narrowed down the issue to this:
if i restore from a scheduled backup, all is well.
but if i restore from a 'new backup', i get the following error:

------------------------------------------------------
Error
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 244
STR: '
SQL:
INSERT INTO mybb_settings (sid,name,title,description,optionscode,value,disporder,gid,isdefault) VALUES ('89','default_memberlist_sortby','Default Sort Field','Select the field that you want members to be sorted by default.','select\nregdate=Registration Date\npostnum=Post Count\nusername

SQL query:

INSERT INTO mybb_settings (sid,name,title,description,optionscode,value,disporder,gid,isdefault) VALUES ('89','default_memberlist_sortby','Default Sort Field','Select the field that you want members to be sorted by default.','select\nregdate=Registration Date\npostnum=Post Count\nusername

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''select\nregdate=Registration Date\npostnum=Post Count\nusername' at line 1

----------------------------------------------------------

when i do the manual 'new backup' i select all / gzip / structure and data. perhaps this isnt what the normal backup does? anyway, anyone know the problem?

im running version 1.4.11, upgraded from 1.4.9.

thanks,

mark