MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble registering - Password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-02-03, 02:52 AM)Stephanie_36 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...I wonder what the problem could be then. 2 people have told me this. My only concern is that this is happening to more people, and they're not bothering to tell me, so the forum is loosing out Sad

Well, thanks for trying! Smile

(2010-02-03, 08:04 PM)Opt1mu5Pr1m3 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been having similar issues on my forum, approx 5 people have had the same issue with the passwords not matching...

Something i did notice, both our forums templates were done by the same person (computergeek67).

Daz

it's because people are still running IE7 and lower versions of IE. theres no problem in IE8. to test, run IE8, hit the compatiblity view button before you get to the registration page, then, type in a name and password twice. you know the code has worked when the boxes would turn "green".

replace your login code with this (totally worked for me) header_welcomeblock_guest

<!-- login form -->

<form action="member.php" method="post">
<input value="/" name="url" type="hidden">
<input name="action" value="do_login" type="hidden">

<input value="1" name="quick_login" type="hidden">
<table>
<tr>
<td><input id="quick_login_username" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='Username'; }" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Username') { this.value=''; }" class="textbox" value="Username" name="quick_username" type="text" size="15" maxlength="12" style="width: 85px;">

<input onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='Password'; }" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Password') { this.value=''; }" class="textbox" name="quick_password" type="password" class="textbox" value="Password" name="password" size="15" style="width: 85px;">

<input type="image" src="images/login.png" alt="Login" style="vertical-align: top;" />

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lost_password}</a>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>
<!-- / login form -->
Pages: 1 2