MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change meta keyword and description on home page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, does anyone know a quick easy way to change meta keyword and description on the home page? I got a plugin to do it for all other pages but not the index page.

Thanks ahead ...
You can go ACP > Templates & Styles > Teplates > Select template > Index Page templates > index index then remove {$headerinclude} and replace what would ordinarily be there by looking at whats included before you do it in the page source and copying that in except change the meta keywords and description.
Don't remove headerinclude, just add the tags you want above or below {$headerinclude} in the index template...
Will google take the last meta tag if there is multiple? I wasn't sure but you would know better than me about that.
headerinclude is included on all pages, therefore it should only contain meta tags that are valid for all pages. e.g. a meta robot, author, etc. tag is fine in headerinclude, but description should not go there since every page should have its own unique description...