MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is my clock constantly wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is my clock constantly showing the wrong time on the forum?

I'm on UK time so it's set for GMT (01.30) and I have the Daylight Savings Time set to On (not that this makes any difference at all) Rolleyes and yet the clock still shows an hour out Angry

Can someone shed any light as to how to get the clock showing the correct time, it's doin' my head in! Sad
I have found this to be finicky at times too. I can't say its an error in the code, or if its just me being careless.

There are two places I can find where to change the time settings. One is in the Configuration > Date and Time Formats

The other one is in the Users and Groups > User Overview(click on any user) > Account Settings > Date and Time Options.

Again, I don't know if one overrides the other, but you might play with those formats to see if you can get it to work.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply but that made absolutely no difference whatsoever!

Anyone else care to take a guess!!
Does it do anything when you go to other time zones?? Can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > PHP Info > scroll right down to the bottom > _SERVER["REQUEST_TIME"] > what's the value here??
Hi there

Value is as follows -

_SERVER["REQUEST_TIME"] 1265443638

means absolutely nothing to me! Big Grin
Seems the server time is OK then... can we have your URL and a test account??
(2010-02-03, 01:31 PM)erniethemilk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on UK time so it's set for GMT (01.30) and I have the Daylight Savings Time set to On (not that this makes any difference at all) Rolleyes and yet the clock still shows an hour out

Try making daylight savings detection on.
(2010-02-06, 12:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Seems the server time is OK then... can we have your URL and a test account??

Username: testme

Password: password

Thanks, would appreciate your help... Smile
It's OK for me at GMT with DST off... that isn't right, we're in DST now, so it should be on... think this is a bug.
(2010-02-06, 07:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's OK for me at GMT with DST off... that isn't right, we're in DST now, so it should be on... think this is a bug.

OK, so how do we put it right Huh
Pages: 1 2