MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you pre define (ACP settings..?) Backup Filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am older than most and remember issues with length of filenames or not to the point ones.

I would like to pre-define the backup name to lets say, date and time.sql:
example: 040210_1355.sql

The current latest filename last backup to admin/backups is:

http://www.....backup_ac71bd97ceNyQweKHFCdIa4eCYkbH4nUD1D3SVZbeb18VpL4kiirtpKbACt8Sj9l.sql

And for download the same, I know I can after creation rename it, but can I configure to create a meaning full name first time.

Thank you.
The whole point of it having that long name is to make it pretty much impossible to bruteforce it. If it's made of a time and date like that, I could write a script to read through the ./admin/backups/ folder, record what ones are found, and then just download them by going to yourdomain.com/admin/backups/040210_1355.sql, and have access to your database.

You'll need a core file edit but make sure you understand how big of a security risk this is. You may as well just call them backup1.zip, backup2.zip...
(2010-02-04, 06:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The whole point of it having that long name is to make it pretty much impossible to bruteforce it. If it's made of a time and date like that, I could write a script to read through the ./admin/backups/ folder, record what ones are found, and then just download them by going to yourdomain.com/admin/backups/040210_1355.sql, and have access to your database.

You'll need a core file edit but make sure you understand how big of a security risk this is. You may as well just call them backup1.zip, backup2.zip...

Yep Matt, I said I was old, will design an alpha/num code instead.

Thank you.