MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Robocopy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys (and girls).
I was wondering if anyone have tried robocopy within the commandprompt?

Well, my problem is. I wanna make some rules so it moves the files to a new folder that matches that rule. My problem is that it moves all the files (even if it matches or not) and the second problem is that it makes a new folder for files that do not have a folder, so if I wanna move something from "C:\test\" to "C:\test\2\" the new file is in "C:\test\2\2\". Very frustrating.

@echo Moving files from dump
robocopy ".\test" ".\test\2" test* /E /MOVE /COPY:DAT /R:10000000 /W:30
pause;

It does not have to be a Robocopy code, it could be a program or any other language. I just need this kinda bad.
I found something that works like I want. Robobasket, downside is it costs money and I don't wanna use money on this kind of program as it should be pretty straight forward.
I got it working with Robocopy, ugly work around. I could not get it working anyway else. Any input would be great.

@echo Moving files from dump
robocopy ".\test" ".\test2" test* /E /MOVE /COPY:DAT /R:10000000 /W:30 /XX /XD ^a* b* c* d* e* f* g* h* i* j* k* l* m* n* o* p* q* r* s* u* v* x* y* z* æ* ø* å* 1* 2* 3* 4* 5* 6* 7* 8* 9*
pause;
Basically ignore all other folder names other then the one I was trying to match.