MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images without file system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So base64 encoded images/files are the only way. Well they have to live with the fact that IE7 (and older) doesn't support it.
I don't understand how those work. Can you show me an example?
There is an example in that first link, instead of putting a URL in the image SRC you put the base64 encoding that is generated by that site.
(2010-02-06, 08:03 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how those work. Can you show me an example?

You have to read all the posts. Wink
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-643...#pid461875
I did read it. Could you please just give me the HTML code I would have to put in and explain to me exactly the process of repeating it?
There is a html example on that page in querschlaeger's first post! Seriously though, its not supported in IE7 or earlier so really its probably not an option.
Is there any other way then?

flavdemo.easymybb.com

My marker leaf. I need it to change but because I get free forum hosting I don't have the FTP. I suggest maybe MYBB theme images to be managed from the acp so they can be changed and edit to have urls rather than FTP.
Upload your images to another server and set that as the image location for your theme (basically what I said in my first post). If your doing this though then it defeats the purpose of using easymybb as you still need somewhere to host the images. Honestly though just find a proper host with FTP access and install MyBB there and it will solve all your problems. Once you do it once then you can be confident in that you know you can install MyBB any time.
Pages: 1 2