MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible 2 MyBB boards 1 user database.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have 2 MyBB boards installed whilst they use their own sql etc but share the same user database.
( user only has to register once and can use his account on both forums ).

It's for something i'm planning on.
Thanks in advance.
Of all the many people that have asked I know of nobody who has managed to do it. What about things like post count?? If they're separate, how would it be stored??
true but I found a site that does this with post counts separate on both sites but have 1 user database...the forum they use however is vBulletin
Perhaps a possibility of editing the login & registration process so that it pulls the username + password from a seperate table, most functions are i guess covered towards user ID, so it wouldn't pose much of a problem.
But that's just my theory, please correct me if i'm soo damn wrong in this xP
A better solution would be to use a forum category page as the index of each of your separate boards (eg. http://community.mybboard.net/forum-80.html) then have different themes that are active for each of the different sections. This would work almost the same.
I'm currently writing a plugin that will do this. In actuality there are 2 user tables (one for each board), but whenever a user registers or logs into one of them it performs the action on both. Assuming proper configuration of course. This also allows them to have different Avatars, Signatures, Yahoo, AIM, etc... for each board. Only the usernames and passwords are the same. And if they're changed on one, they get changed on the other.

EDIT: This will be a SUBSCRIPTION ONLY plugin. See my sig for link. Expect it about the 14th.
How about when they register on either site it adds the same user to both databases?