MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Avatars Crammed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

My forum, http://computerlimbo.com; is going under a new design. I am basing it off the Aero theme and am customizing it to my needs. My first issue, is that the default template itself is not validated in XHTML according to the WC3 checker. Also, my user icons in posts get squished to the right, probably by the badges (never happened before. I think most of the errors are in my header cod, but any adivce or suggesstions on improving the look would be greatly appreciated. (Yes, this probably should be posted in themes, but I figured the XHTML was technical enough)

Thanks,
TheWiz
This does technically belong in themes.

To fix your avatar problem you need to put a <br /> above your avatar in the postbit template.

To pass validation just follow what the validator says, by default I assume you mean your new template because the MyBB default template definitely does pass XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
Yes, Tim, I had my other template working with no errors and now that I am launching a whole new homepage with the forum, I decided a redesign was called for. Here is the code that is in question for the most part, and I thank you for understanding and helping me out so quickly. I think getting it validated is important, because if you notice the first block with the logo is not the same width as the rest of the page, no matter what I try.

Header code:

<div align="center"><div style="width: 920px;" align="left"><div id="wrapheader"><table style=" background: transparent url({$theme['imgdir']}/top.gif) repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="32"><div class="toplink"></div></td><td align="right" height="32"><div class="toplink"><span class="genmedw"><a class="genmedw" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></span></div></td></tr></tbody></table> <table style="background: transparent url({$theme['imgdir']}/mid.gif) repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="80"><div class="midlink"><span class="headw"></span><span class="genmedw"></span></div></td><td align="right" height="80"><div class="midlink"><div id="search-box"><form action="search.php" method="post"><fieldset class="nb"><input name="action" value="do_search" type="hidden"><input name="keywords" style="opacity: 0.8;" onmouseover="this.style.opacity=1;this.filters.alpha.opacity=100" onmouseout="this.style.opacity=0.8;this.filters.alpha.opacity=80" class="inputbox search" id="keywords" title="Forum Search" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='Forum Search';" onclick="if(this.value=='Forum Search')this.value='';" value="Forum Search" maxlength="50" type="text"><input class="nb" style="opacity: 0.8;" name="submit" src="{$theme['imgdir']}/search.gif" align="middle" type="image"><br></fieldset></form></div></div></td></tr></tbody></table><table style="background: transparent url({$theme['imgdir']}/bottom.gif) repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="genmedw" align="left" height="32"><div class="bottomlink"></div></td><td class="genmedw" align="right"><div class="bottomlink"><span class="genmedw"><a class="genmedw" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a> • <a class="genmedw" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a> • <a class="genmedw" href="http://computerlimbo.com/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></span></div></td></tr></tbody></table></div><table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" style="margin-top: 5px;"><tr><td class="row"><p class="breadcrumbs"><navigation></p></td></tr></table> <br>{$welcomeblock} <br />
Holy crap you are messier then me when coding....(no offenese)

Could you kinda space everything out?