MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .png expand and collapse images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know I made a thread about this a while ago, and so did a few other people, but I didn't want to bump those threads.

How can I change the expand and collapse images to .pngs? Don't say I have to change the templates, because I don't. I have checked many times over and there is nothing to change.

I changed the file extensions in the general.js file, but it doesn't work.
Just rename your .png images .gif and it should work fine.
No, because then the images will have blocky edges, hence why I need to use .pngs
Use an image re namer it works for me:
http://www.gfxpalace.com/
Look at the forum contains new posts, forum locked images.
1. I don't need an image re namer to rename them.
2. If I make them .gif the edges will be blocky
(2010-02-07, 03:47 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]1. I don't need an image re namer to rename them.

Renaming != Converting
Rename the extension to .gif, and the browser will recognize it as a GIF, however it will render it as a PNG.
(2010-02-07, 03:47 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]1. I don't need an image re namer to rename them.

did you look at my'n the edges aren't blocky.
Nevermind I need to make the image different anyway.
We are saying that you should just physically change the extension from .png to .gif, not convert the file format. I believe that this will preserve the PNG edge quality.
(2010-02-07, 04:41 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]We are saying that you should just physically change the extension from .png to .gif, not convert the file format. I believe that this will preserve the PNG edge quality.

It does when i do it, i only use a renamer because i don't like using the folder setting in-case i rename a file by accident, then i have lost the file.
Pages: 1 2