MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why MyBB is Great!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the Staff team here probably gets a load of these threads, but I just thought I would add mine to the pile. This is my thread as to why MyBB is great.

Background about me and foruming:
I started foruming about late 2007, making my own forum on IF which all my friends from school were supposed to join. They never joined so I gave up foruming for 6 months. I came back after those 6 months to find that ZetaBoards was already past its beta stages and already released. I was ecstatic and just had to make my own forum again. This time, it was a terribly thought out print coding forum. I had just got into this whole HTML and CSS thing and I thought why not get better by coding PNG Print of a forum layout for people. In case you don't know what I am talking about, it means cutting up the image of the design and coding it. The forum died but I was still hungry to learn. I joined some forums and converted some themes and got better.

Background of my designing:
At the start of 2009 I got myself GIMP and started designing so I could code my own designs and release themes for ZetaBoards. I got pretty good and it but coding became too hard and tedious, so I gave that up and continued with designing. I am not pro, but compared to many people, I consider myself to be above average.

Some more background:
At the end of 2009 I had a great idea of hosting on MyBB, a forum which would offer resources for ZetaBoards, IPB 1.3 and MyBB all in one. I started out working on it but had no support. Like all the other things, I gave it up. Early 2010, I started my own design forum where I release my work and resources. From here, I got really started to learn how to design and code for MyBB.

Why MyBB is so great:
Well, I have had forums on phpBB, IPB 1.3 and Zetaboards - but I can truly say that none have been as amazing as MyBB. I find MyBB the best simply because it is so versatile and can be modified and manipulated to be and look like whatever you want it to. You can change MyBB to suit your needs and it isn't hard at all. This is just amazing. I never wanted to learn all that Javascipt and JQuery, I just found it too hard. This is where MyBB is great. You need nothing more than HTML and CSS and you can edit it and change it to suit your design needs. I haven't seen any other software as designer friendly as MyBB. Thanks for making it great guys. Besides it being designed friendly, I find it great that, because it is OS, codes can be created and used without greatly slowing down the forum. On ZB and IF, Javascript codes slow down the loading time that I don't even want to load a page. MyBB is so fast and just great. Thanks again, the Staff of MyBB, and I hope MyBB continues to improve.