MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a new view of the messages in a forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm researching forum software at the moment, so I know "nothing" about MyBB.

Is it possible to create a completely different view of the messages in a forum?

e.g. If I wanted to show a hierarchical list of the most recent N threads, and for each message in each thread list the message title, date and poster's name - Something like this:
-----------
<Thread 1 title> <Poster> <date>
....<Title of 2nd message in thread> <Poster> <date>
....<Title of 3nd message in thread> <Poster> <date>
<Thread 2 title> <Poster> <date>
....<Title of 2nd message in thread> <Poster> <date>
<Thread 3 title> <Poster> <date>
-----------

The details of how to extract and display those exact fields is not so important at the moment, but what would be the best way of creating such views?

I would like to create a few of these new views (that exist in the forum software I am currently using) and present them as options to the users, as well as displaying the more normal standard message view.

Thanks,
Woll
"Threaded mode" is not quite the same.

What I want is a list formatted like the "Messages In This Thread" section of "Threaded mode", but containing a list of ALL the threads (listed in order of thread creation).

There are a few more of these non-standard views in the forum software I'm using at the moment, which I'm fairly sure are not support by MyBB as standard. So, rather than this specific view, the question is really: What is the best way to create new, non-standard views of the message database?