MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i find a "hidden" forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I created a forum and checked to no the Forum Is Active?
If no, the forum will not be shown to any users and will 'not exist'
option. Now, how can i find that forum?
Thanks.
heloo there

it wont appear on the board even for admins!! and if u try to visit it by editing the URL it will tells u Invalid Forum

You can only edit it from the Admin CP Smile

regards
That is the very problem with me. I can't find it even from Forum Management panel as admin
Can i find it via phpMyAdmin in MySQL?
What is the purpose of such "hidden" forum anyway? What is it good for?
heloo there,

not active doesn't mean it's hidden!! it's actually wont existe! inless u go to the forum managment!. hidding it is removing the permission.

Now regarding the sql thing!! yes u can still find them in mybb_forums.

well it should be in the Manage Forums along to all the other forums! coz u will have to edit it so it appears again.
in case u are not finding it, u can change the active field of that certain forum in the mybb_forums.

regards
Unfortunately it is not in Manage Forums panel of Admin CP. I can see there all normal forums, but i can't see the that one. This is why i can't understand what is the purpose of such forum if after creating it inactive i can't delete it normally even from Admin, but need to go to server sql via phpMyAdmin CP?
Would you mind please te let me know the purpose of "Inactive" option?
But after all i deleted it from phpMyAdmin panel.
Thank you a lot.
az00000000 Wrote:Would you mind please te let me know the purpose of "Inactive" option?

the purpose is somehow to virtually delete it, where u can get it back later on!! by doing this, it will appear like anavailable (deleted) but u still have all the data related to it, which u can get them all back when u activate it laterSmile
i guess u have some bug / problem in ur board !!

regards
Ok, got it, thanks mate Smile
On RC4 there was a bug that when you make the forum inactive, the forum disappears from the Admin CP. But that is fixed in the newer versions, and you should be upgrading to 1.03 (There are many security vulnerabilities in RC4 that have been fixed between the RC4 release and 1.03).