MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My URL is wrong. ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you have a .htaccess file in the root folder??
Yes. htaccess.txt
Not the dame as .htaccess, won't be having the same effect... can you look in your server error logs, should be in your host control panel somewhere, a 500 error is quite broad, the error log should help narrow it down.
(2010-02-09, 08:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not the dame as .htaccess, won't be having the same effect... can you look in your server error logs, should be in your host control panel somewhere, a 500 error is quite broad, the error log should help narrow it down.

New Issue.

My forum came back up. (Must have just needed time for updates to take effect. Now I have another problem.
I logged in as Administrator. The page dispalys telling me that I have been succesfully logged in. But when it goes back to the main page there is this.

Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)
It's as if I didn't just log in. Even though it tells me I did.
That'll be due to cookies. What's your actual URL??
Never damn mind. Logging in is working now too. Thank you Matt for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.
URl is cogunowners.com
Just for reference couldn't he have just renamed the folder??Im asking cause i don't know??
They wanted the files in the root folder. If they wanted the URL to be site.com/forums/ then yes, they could have renamed it.
(2010-02-09, 10:13 PM)Taz112768 Wrote: [ -> ]Just for reference couldn't he have just renamed the folder??Im asking cause i don't know??

I do not think that would have done any good. The problem was that instead of uploading the MyBB files to my database directory I uploaded the entire Upload folder as one deal. Changing the folder name would have just changed the name that had to be entered after .com in the URL.
Pages: 1 2