MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Disable Problem!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have selected the Disable Registrations to YES.

But still the registration can be done by:

http://www.XXX.com/member.php?action=register

Could anybody show how to disable the registration completely.

I will create user only by Admin panel and doesn't want to create user by registering it.

Thanks for Help!!

-- Gaurav
You can go to that page but you'll get an error saying registration is disabled, that's the exact same place you go if you click the link in the header... if you've turned it off but you can still register then your settings aren't saving, make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
Setting of ./inc/settings.php is show Writable.

Even Disable Registration option is selected YES.

but still it is registering..

Could you please guide me, how can I disable the option member.php?action=register
Yes, you turn it off using that option, I just tested on my localhost and it works fine... are you sure it's set to 666?? Can you printscreen it??
Im Sorry for that .. I should have first give my environment details first..

Environment: Windows 2003 Server, IIS 6.0, mySQL, PHP

Please find refer attached screenshot..
Do any other settings work?? Turning the board offline for example.
oh.. you are right..

after setting the board offline.. it is still showing.. means the setting are not working for this too..
So what you think?.. I guess I have done something wrong in past.. Sad
Hi MattRogowski,

please help!!! Sad
Can anybody help me to resolve this... Exclamation
I think that your settings.php file isn't writable because CHMOD doesn't work on Windows servers so you need to ensure that it has write permissions.
I have checked & verified the permission, they are fine. I don't know what I did but now the functions are working (Board Msg, Registration disabled,etc.)

But now I can't login to forums. It shows login and get back to same page.

Admin login is perfectly working.

If you need test Account for both admin & forum, please let me know I will create it & PM to you.

Thanks!
I have a trick to block the registration. Try to her. Htaccess file add this code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond% (HTTP_HOST) ^ adress.com/member.php?action=register (.*) [NC]
Http://adress.com/ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $ 1 [R = 301, L]
It will redirect to the main page after entering the registration page. Smile

Regarding the login cookie is likely to be poorly positioned. See this topic: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
Pages: 1 2