MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yet another Restore Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am happy using either the Backup tools in mybb 1.4.11 and phpAdmin, and both methods produce valid board backups.

The problem is when I try to restore the board using phpAdmin I get the error
message #1007 - can't create database "xxxxxx" | database exists.

I have deleted all the tables in xxxxxx (with the db name only in place no tables inside it) but still get an error message this time #1047.

I cannot put the db online unless I am confident about using Backup/Restore. Huh

Thank you,

DavidK.
Deleting the tables won't do anything, as the error says, it can't create the database itself, your backup has a line to create a database but it can't as it already exists, so remove that line from the backup.
(2010-02-10, 05:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting the tables won't do anything, as the error says, it can't create the database itself, your backup has a line to create a database but it can't as it already exists, so remove that line from the backup.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for quick response, I have used BBEdit to search mybb backup maybe inputting wrong string (create, db, database, testmybb) no create db found.

I have attached the mybb backup file (am I looking for the correct string?

DavidK.
Matt,
When I choose the file to attach do I also have to then select Add Attachment!

DavidK
The attachment I hope. Choose file select it from desktop then select right button Add Attachment.
hope you got it.
Nope, nothing there... choose the file, click Add Attachment, should attach. I can't see why you'd be getting this error if it wasn't trying to create a database...
(2010-02-10, 08:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, nothing there... choose the file, click Add Attachment, should attach. I can't see why you'd be getting this error if it wasn't trying to create a database...

I assume you got the file it does not show in Preview Post

Any other suggestions....

DavidK
No, as I said, I haven't got any file, there's nothing attached to your post. Browse, attach, post, should attach fine.
(2010-02-10, 08:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, as I said, I haven't got any file, there's nothing attached to your post. Browse, attach, post, should attach fine.

Attaching file got this message:Error Attaching File
The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type. changed to .doc
If it was a .sql file you could have zipped it up...

Anyway, so you choose a database in phpMyAdmin, click import, browse for this file, and see that error...?? There must be something else going on here if you're getting that. It wouldn't be saying it can't create a database if there was no command anywhere to create a database, it wouldn't try and create one without being told to.
(2010-02-10, 08:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it was a .sql file you could have zipped it up...

Anyway, so you choose a database in phpMyAdmin, click import, browse for this file, and see that error...?? There must be something else going on here if you're getting that. It wouldn't be saying it can't create a database if there was no command anywhere to create a database, it wouldn't try and create one without being told to.

It starts loading the file for about 2 mins then issues error 1007 cant create db| db exists.

Sorry about file could have changed it to .txt, dont have zip for Mac OSX 1.6. I looked at it after sending.

If possible are you able to import it in mysqladmin or should I request my host to try?
Thank you,

DavidK.
Please don't attach sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords, to your posts. Technically, you're breaking the law. You can always email it if the Support Team provide it.
Pages: 1 2