MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help - With Embeding MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, i have a mybb forum, with a forum called new.

i want to add the forum new to a html page on a different server.

Forum - http://dwds.ismywebsite.com/bob/forumdisplay.php?fid=16

page - http://project-bob.uuuq.com/news.html

sorry but you wont be able to see the forum, however any help would be great.

the page has a RSS Feed at the minute.(but this only loads with IE)
Iframe ?
Well, it's the only thing i can think of actually.
Yeah you could put an iframe in the templates.
Other than that it could be a link.
Ok thanks
(2010-02-10, 05:44 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]Iframe ?

NO! BAD IFRAME :p

The easiest thing to do do is to put all the code above the content from your design at the top of the header template and everything below the content below the footer template. Then remove anything you don't need from both templates. You may need to make some minor CSS changes as well and you should put all the CSS from your design into the bottom of global.css.
Erm thank but I only wat certain forums not the whole forum
<iframe> isn't really valid html seeing as how it was created by Microsoft. You can use the object tag in a similar way.

<object data="YourforumURL" type="text/html">
Not support tag.
</object>

Then just use some css to make it the size you want. It is a pain in the butt to get the css to work for the object tag across all browsers though.
(2010-02-11, 04:29 PM)Scott Hough Wrote: [ -> ]<iframe> isn't really valid html seeing as how it was created by Microsoft. You can use the object tag in a similar way.

<object data="YourforumURL" type="text/html">
Not support tag.
</object>

Then just use some css to make it the size you want. It is a pain in the butt to get the css to work for the object tag across all browsers though.

I never knew that. I'll be sure to drop iframe even though I rarely use it.
Ok, well just for my info,

Do all browser accept iframes and if you were going to Use an iframe what code would you use?(reply with exact code please)
(2010-02-11, 09:04 PM)minigizmo Wrote: [ -> ]Do all browser accept iframes and if you were going to Use an iframe what code would you use?(reply with exact code please)

Almost all do though it is considered poor coding practice. You can set which sections you want your modified theme to appy to and link directly to that section. This is how you should do it and will look the best.

As for exact code, it's not our job to google for you, iFrames are well documented enough elsewhere.