MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A fresh install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have some problems and some viruses with the script and i want to install a net copy of the script. how can i do this thing without losing the actual data ?
You can't really, you can overwrite all the files with fresh copies of your version but this may not help your problem if it is database related. Make sure your running the latest MyBB version and if you tell us what your problems are we can probably help you resolve them.
i have the latest version of the script already. the quick reply doesnt work. i deactivated the pluging but the quick reply still doesnt work
Can you provide a URL and test account. Does the little spinner thing come up when post from the quick reply?
yes. the spinner appears

this is a older thread of my problem http://community.mybboard.net/thread-64458.html

if a backup the database, delete all the files from the server ( except uploads and scripts folders ) and upload the fresh files of thge script and install it, does this fix my problem ?
It wouldn't be a fresh install if you kept everything. Reinstalling is only the solution if you've already got an empty forum which didn't install properly, or your database is a bomb site, it's the last resort.

That code from that other thread is still in your index template...
and how can i can delete that code ?
Replacing your files and importing your database probably wont solve your problems as MyBB stores template data in the database and I think the problem is in the template. If you don't use the default MyBB theme and your copy of the default MyBB theme has not been modified can you set it back to that and see if your problem is solved.

If you are using the default MyBB theme can you go ACP > Templates & Styles > Create new theme and make sure you select MyBB Master style. Then go ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Add set, then go back and edit the theme you just created and select the template set you just created and save that. Then activate this theme.

The problem seems to be the "affiliate" code script that is in your code, I don't know if you put it there or if your server was compromised but it seems to be malicious and conflicting with your other Javascript.
(2010-02-11, 12:08 PM)kpac Wrote: [ -> ]and how can i can delete that code ?

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Index Page Templates > index. Whatever it is, it doesn't look nice.
but the problem with the quick reply form appeared without any changes in the script. how is this posible ?
Pages: 1 2 3