MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move and Convert Forums to Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've created many subforums in my forum, but as it turns out the users agree that two level subforums are not needed and would be more practical them to be on the first level, and to be changed to threads so the posting in them no to be with opening new thread but to directly post in them.

My question is

Is there anyway to convert the opened forums (as there is a lot of them about 480) to threads, or is there anyway to create multiple Threads without creating them separetely one by one?

and

Is there any way to move all the subforums into a different category, not separately one by one?

thanx.
You do not have this option, possibly by the SQL query.
Yeah i thought so but i dont want to get something wrong with the sql, not to familiar with the tables,

what about merging two forums, along with their subforums?
(2010-02-11, 02:01 PM)bojris Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to convert the opened forums (as there is a lot of them about 480) to threads

You don't convert forums to threads, they're totally separate things...

However you do this, it's going to take you a long time. If you use SQL queries, you'll need to sort out the parent forum list too, and you'll probably have errors doing it this way. To be honest making almost 500 forums is pretty extreme anyway, just making work for yourself.