MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin password isn't being remembered by MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am moving MyBB to another host and have ran into a snag.

1). Fresh install 1.4.11
2). Created new MySQL database.
3). Imported previous SQL forum into the new SQL database (no errors reported).
4). MyBB never seems to retain my user name/password, which causes me to have to initiate reset password link again, and again after each log out and then log in scenario.
5). If I use the reset password option again, receive an email with the new password, the system logs me in fine. However once I log out again, the system does not recognize my user name password again that I just previously used.
This requires me to start the whole system of resetting the password all over again.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

coolcos
Are cookies are well positioned?
(2010-02-12, 07:19 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Are cookies are well positioned?

Hi, no worries about your english!

yes, I believe so, and others I have asked to please help test this are seeing the same things.

In some removal and re-installations iterations of the MyBB software, MyBB says that I have successfully logged in , but then it takes right back to the log-in screen as though I was not really logged in.

I have tried with multiple web browsers, I have had others who normally log in, experience the same exact thing.

Coolcos
Take a look at this http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html make sure the settings in ./inc/settings.php are correct, particularly those relating to cookies.
Without your URL we can't see if your settings are correct or not.