MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to expand forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new guy again...

I have 4 forums. I want my users to see all forums immediately after logging in. How do I do this?

Thanks

Dave
As the subforums because you do not understand?
(2010-02-12, 05:04 PM)dstroebel Wrote: [ -> ]I have 4 forums. I want my users to see all forums immediately after logging in. How do I do this?

As long as you give them the right permission, they should see all of your forums.
Yeah make sure the forum permissions allow guests to view it.
Also check that the Guests global permissions (Users and Groups --> Groups --> Guests) allow guests to actually view forums as well...
(2010-02-12, 07:04 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah make sure the forum permissions allow guests to view it.
Also check that the Guests global permissions (Users and Groups --> Groups --> Guests) allow guests to actually view forums as well...
Let me explain more clearly. After my users log in, they see only one forum listing called "Casting Notices". I want them instead to see four forums without having to click the first forum to get to all 4 forums:

-NYC Casting Notices
-Philadelphia casting Notices
-Headshots
-Actor discussions

Thanks

Dave
Can we have a link so we can see exactly how you've set things up?? Would be a lot easier.
(2010-02-12, 08:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have a link so we can see exactly how you've set things up?? Would be a lot easier.
Here you go http://www.castingnewyork.com/forums/
I would like all 4 forums to appear on this page
Edit the forum settings and set your category as the parent forum for all of them. Is that what you mean?
(2010-02-12, 11:28 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the forum settings and set your category as the parent forum for all of them. Is that what you mean?

Thanks, it worked.

Dave