MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: captcha in MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there team

Have had a few members of my http://acclaim-waikato.org contact me in regards to the captcha image. They can't see all the letters.

How, and where (which file) can I tone down the background so the letters are a bit more visible? Huh

Thanks

blurb
Try to replace the files:
captcha.js
captcha.php

and folder
captcha_fonts
For this you need specifically the ./inc/captcha_fonts/ folder and it's contents, but upload it in binary mode.
(2010-02-12, 07:32 PM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to replace the files:
captcha.js
captcha.php

and folder
captcha_fonts

Your english is ok virus4. I take it that I should over-write the existing files?

(2010-02-12, 07:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]For this you need specifically the ./inc/captcha_fonts/ folder and it's contents, but upload it in binary mode.

Thanks Matt - I am using the files that came with MyBB 14. And yes, I beleive that I did upload that specific file in binary mode.

I have seen another MyBB forum site where they are using captcha with a totally white background. How is this done as this may slove the problem I'm having. At the moment some of the captcha fonts/numbers don't show so well with all the black, and or white dotted, and or coloured squares in the background.

I appreciate, and thank you both for your help.
The background colour is defined on about line 90 of capatcha.php though default it is white.

This is the code:
$bg_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
(2010-02-13, 04:30 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]The background colour is defined on about line 90 of capatcha.php though default it is white.

This is the code:
$bg_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);

Thank you TimB

I looked through captcha.php soon after someone had told me they had a hard time seeing the letters and numbers, and yes, the default is "white".

But strangely the background is dark/black.

I will have a go at changing the colours and will be back soon to post how I got on.

But at the end of the day, visitors can use the "refresh" button until they can see it clearly enough so not a major problem/concern. Keepin the auto sign-up bots out is, and its certainly doing that!

Must say that MyBB is a very good forum. I'm glad I am using it.

Good Excellent support forum with great members and 2nd to none support crew

Thank you

Have a great day
Seeing as it is making displaying black when it is set to white, what happens if you set the background to black? Just a thought. I have no idea what is causing it, I assume a misconfiguration in your GD PHP module.