MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you add Plugins??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to add Plugins for my forum but I don't know how to add them in my server. I tried once but it never showed up on my Plugins system on my forums. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you,
Miraj
Each plugin should have a README file with specific instructions. Generally, there is the plugin file itself which you upload to inc/plugins. Then the plugin should show up in the list in the ACP (Admin Control Panel).
(2010-02-13, 03:39 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Each plugin should have a README file with specific instructions. Generally, there is the plugin file itself which you upload to inc/plugins. Then the plugin should show up in the list in the ACP (Admin Control Panel).

Thanks,
Can you tell me how I can install it? I'll try it again and see what happens. The readme file didn't help as much since it's my first time installing a Plugin onto my site. Lets see what happens.
(2010-02-13, 04:08 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Plugins

Thanks Tim,
I tried uploading it, and what happen was that it says Profile Comments v0.5 and it has a Folder icon next to the name in inc/plugins. How do I make it a PHP Script that's what I'm wondering because I don't know how to change the name so I can make it profilecomments v0.5.php that's what I called the compressed folder.
Can you open that folder? Right click on the file and go properties and see if the extension is .php
(2010-02-13, 04:18 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you open that folder? Right click on the file and go properties and see if the extension is .php

Ya I renamed the compressed file to exactly this ("profilecomments v0.5") when I right clicked that and clicked properties it said profilecomments v0.5 so yes its right. Their is another folder inside the compressed folder. It says ProfileComments v0.5 I don't think it will let me rename it. I think if I extract it it will let me but I don't know. Should I try to rename it on the server to profilecomments v0.5?
You will definitely need to extract all the files first. MyBB is not like Joomla where add ons can be uploaded via a compressed archive.
(2010-02-13, 04:26 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]You will definitely need to extract all the files first. MyBB is not like Joomla where add ons can be uploaded via a compressed archive.

Oh thanks!,
Let me see if it works now. Haha sorry don't know what Joomla is never used it.

Edit: Tim I extracted the files, I renamed it to ProfileComments v0.5.php and when I went to >Upload, >>Archive, >>>Browse, I found my file when I click it it kept going on it didn't attach to the thing what do I click so it attaches to the Archive.
Open the folder, you shouldn't have to rename any thing, can you provide a print screen of exactly what is in the extracted folder and we should be able to tell you what goes where.
Pages: 1 2