MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade error 1.4.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running into an error when trying to upgrade from 1.2.9 to 1.4.11. (I understand this is way behind)

The error I receive is right after the User IP conversion, which I believe is the Event Conversion?

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

~Jeff
Maybe try to upgrade to an older version, and then to 1.4.11.
I think this is something you'll need to ask your host about, I'm not even sure if the upgrader uses CGI for anything.
I've tried setting up php4isapi.dll instead of the CGI version of php but I've never been able to get the filter to load. I always get the following error:

ISAPI Filter 'C:\PHP\php4isapi.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a AMD64 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.

So I've always run in CGI since its the only version I've been able to load. I haven't had any issues with mybb upgrades up to 1.2.9 so if someone could point me to an archive with an older version I could upgrade to first, i.e. 1.2.12 etc. that would be most helpful.

Thanks!

~Jeff
You can download older versions here: [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

However I doubt that will work, it looks like something's misconfigured somewhere. Can your host help in any way at all??
(2010-02-14, 10:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can download older versions here: [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

However I doubt that will work, it looks like something's misconfigured somewhere. Can your host help in any way at all??

I am the host, I own the box.

Win server 2003 64bit, IIS 6.0, mysql, php4

I did find a hot fix for Server 2003 that dictates a problem of this type. I will load it today and see if that solves the issue.

~Jeff
Well, the hotfix didn't fix the issue. I was able to upgrade to 1.2.14 with out issue, but any 1.4.x causes the error in the exact same spot.
function upgrade12_redothemes()

Everything works great up to that point. I've cloned my forums and turned off all plugins, deleted all extra themes and reverted back to the default theme. But I never see the header:
$output->print_header("Converting themes");

The footer from the previous function (Event Conversion) shows and automatically redirects into the CGI error.

Anyway to debug this?

~Jeff
Ok, looks like its working.

First, forced IIS6.0 to run AppPools in 32bit mode (64bit machine) which I was then able to load php isapi. This then gave me the correct error which was a Stack Overflow in the function_12redothemes()

Found which theme tid was causing the problem, removed the theme and the installation from 1.2.9 to 1.4.0 completed and is working.

I'll move on the 1.4.11 and see how that goes. I wanted to post a conclusion to the error incase anyone else comes across this kind of problem.

Special thanks to my brother (pavemen) for his PHP/MYBB GURU help and the fix.

~Jeff